We would like to invite you to the online conference “A Conversation with Fact-Checkers” that the European Digital Media Observatory (EDMO) is hosting, on Friday October 9th, 2020, from 10.00 am to 11.30 am. The aim of this event is to present the EU’s actions on disinformation and fact-checking, as well as to introduce the European Digital Media Observatory to the fact-checking community.
Join the event on zoom here.
Below you can see the event’s agenda
Chair: Miguel Poiares Maduro | School of Transnational Governance, EUI and EDMO
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome and introduction to EDMO
- Miguel Poiares Maduro | School of Transnational Governance, EUI and EDMO
- Paula Gori | School of Transnational Governance, EUI and EDMO
10:15 – 10:25 What the EU is doing and what it will do
Alberto Rabbachin | European Commission
10:25 – 10:40 Q&A
10:40 – 11:00 Tools for fact-checkers and future opportunities enabled by EDMO
- Giovanni Zagni | Pagella Politica
- Nikos Sarris | Athens Technology Center
11:00 – 11:30 Q&A
- Miguel Poiares Maduro – School of Transnational Governance, EUI, Chair of the EDMO Executive Board
- Paula Gori – School of Transnational Governance, EUI, Secretary-General and Project Manager Leader of EDMO
- Alberto Rabbachin – European Commission, Project Officer
- Giovanni Zagni – Pagella Politica, Member of the EDMO Executive Board
- Nikos Sarris – Athens Technology Center, Member of the EDMO Executive Board
*This is a registration-only event: if you are a fact-checking project interested in taking part, please send an email to email@example.com .