Nowadays, information found online is not always reliable, because digital content may be manipulated, and its spreading could be also used for disinformation. At the same time there is often little time and few resources for the information to be carefully cross-checked.
Part of these challenges and vivid problems can be addressed by innovative machine learning, artificial intelligence and soft computing methods. Therefore, Elsevier is publishing a special issue which is presenting new approaches and solutions for media and content manipulation and disinformation detection. Elsevier encourages papers concerning the problem of early detection of radicalization and hate speech based on fake information and/or manipulated content.
The list of possible topics includes, but is not limited to:
- machine learning and soft computing methods for media content and disinformation analysis, especially with correlation in heterogenous types of data (images, text, tweets etc.)
- fake news detection in social media
- application of Natural Language Processing (NLP) for the disinformation analysis
- feature extraction algorithms for content manipulation
- sentiment analysis methods for fake news detection
- images and video manipulation recognition
- discovering the real content in changed images and videos
- early detection of radicalization/hate speech
- architectural frameworks and design for media content manipulation and disinformation detection
- blockchain applications for trusted media content
- learning how to detect content manipulation in the presence of the concept drift
- learning how to detect fake news with limited ground truth access and on the basis of limited data sets, including one-shot learning
- machine learning and soft computing advances in IPR and copyright challenges and protection
- human rights, legal and societal aspects of media content manipulation and disinformation detection
- case studies and real-world applications (e.g., media sector, internet content search engines, educational sector, agri-food sector, etc.)
See more information here.